Discovering Belize

My time has finally arrived. My first trip as a blogger! Needless to say entering this journey is quite exciting and somewhat terrifying at the same time, as I am traveling solo.

I have been in Belize 5 days now and I has been quite amazing! From the people I have had the opportunity to meet and the adventure I've found so far, oh and cannot forget about the delicious foods! (I can't help it, I'm a foodie)

One of my first stops was Caye Caulker, Belize. A small island located just north of Belize City.According to travelers it is a must go destination known for its crystal water, marine wildlife and local nightlife. So with that being said I had to see it for myself. To get to Caye Caulker you can go via water taxi or airplane. For the economical traveler I suggest the water taxi, which only will cost you $15 USD round trip and is approximately a 30 minute boat ride each way.

After searching for a while, I elected to go with Ragga Muffin Tours. For $65USD the 7 hour group full day tour included 4 snorkeling stops along the Barrier Reef, snorkeling equipment, lunch and the infamous rum punch. Pretty sweet deal for everything included, back at home in Florida this sort of luxury would run about $200 or more.

Aboard the Ragga King
This tour was on of the best tours I've ever been on hands down. I got the opportunity to swim with sharks, a variety of fish, turtle and eels along the barrier reef. This is definitely an experience I will remember forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning for Belize